Mihir Hardikar was born in Bombay and now lives, works and dreams in Mumbai.
After graduating from the Sir J.J. Institute of Applied Art, he went on to study photography at the Light and Life Academy (www.llacademy.org) in Ooty, where he got multi-faceted grounding in the techniques and aesthetics of photography.
Today while practising his craft he is also passing it on to the next generation, as a visiting faculty for food and beverage specialisation at Light & Life Academy.
When he is not at work, Mihir loves travelling and trying out new cuisines - both street and sophisticated. He dreams to taste local food across the globe and shoot in the deserted town of Pripyat in the Chernobyl Exculsion Zone some day.
Starting with his dad's humble Minolta Range Finder, Mihir today has shot for
various clients and categories, landscapes and locales, places and products.
• International Photography Awards (IPA) 2012 Professional - Third Place in People: Children for "The Multiply Diary" Project
• International Photography Awards (IPA) 2012 Professional - Honourable Mention in Fine Art: Portrait
• International Photography Awards (IPA) 2012 Professional - Honourable Mention in Fine Art: Landscape
• PX3 Prix De La Photographie Paris 2012 Professional - Second Place People's Choice Award - Portraiture/Children
• PX3 Prix De La Photographie Paris 2011 Professional - First Place People's Choice Award - Portraiture
• PX3 Prix De La Photographie Paris 2011 Professional Jury Official Selection - Portraiture
• Interview on www.desicreative.com - http://www.desicreative.com/mihir-hardikar-photography/